Ortakoy; one of the most popular place to buy unique handmade art in Istanbul.

Last weekend I went to an open air bazaar at Ortakoy / Istanbul, one of the most popular places to buy unique handmade art directly from the artisans for very affordable prices. I found a very talented toy maker who has lovely cat designs just for $20. Her name is Latife Kutsal. Other than toys, she makes home and hair accessories from very colorful fabrics too...
Latife Kutsal +905323761369 lafifekutsal@hotmail.com

¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨

I've also met a puppet maker Mrs. Gursel Altunca who is a retired teacher. Her dolls are so cheerful and colorful you can't resist to slip your hand inside one to start a conversation:) I was there with one of my sons and we started to play with them right away...
Gursel Altunca polattacar@hotmail.com


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts