My Shop Local Article Telling The Story of Turkish Designers for Etsy


The Etsy blog's Shop Local series usually tickles my travel bug, but in this edition, Turkey by Etsy seller Toosis, has my jaw dropping on my computer keyboard. Such beautiful photos and talented artists!

My name is Pınar Sondal, aka Toosis. I am an architect and a jewelry designer living in Istanbul, one of the most beautiful, exotic and cosmopolitan cities to live in. Istanbul is a city of two continents; Asia and Europe divided by the water way of Bosphorus. Its shores offer a delightful mixture of past and present, grand splendor and simple beauty. Modern hotels stand next to shore front wooden villas, marble palaces, rustic stone fortresses and neighbor small fishing villages. I live in the Europe side of the city. The Asian part is just across the Bosphorus Bridge. The above picture was taken in a park very close to my house. I walk here with my kids and get mused before starting a project, enjoying the view while they play. I use silver and gold in my designs, creating big rings and earrings. I show my line of jewelry in local haute couture boutiques. Since I discovered Etsy and started sharing my taste in design with the rest of the world, I feel blessed. A performer needs to hear the applause to feel appreciated. Now I get my inspiration required out of my international customers' Etsy feedback.

Here are some of the very talented local Etsy artisans I’d like you to meet. They all have their unique taste in design in different areas. We are proud to be members of ISOT Ladies and European Street Team.


Arzu Musa aka arzumusa from Istanbul, Turkey: "This picture was taken at a local open air art fair in Istanbul. This year I’ve married my university love after 15 years of being acquainted. We live in Istanbul with our two lovely dogs. I have been working with polymer clay for nearly two years now."


FEATURED ITEMS FROM ARZUMUSA

SALE - FREE Shipping - Buckets....Whats at your windowsill...
$65.00





Ayse Tugrul aka aysetugrul from Duzce, Turkey: "I am inspired by the beauty of my surroundings in all my designs. I get all my creativity from nature and I feel so lucky. I wake up everyday with the songs of the birds, feel the fresh air outside, walk on the grass barefoot giving my negative energy to the ground, swim in the gorgeous seas of my country. Who can believe that I am 41 years old. I don’t!"


FEATURED ITEMS FROM AYSETUGRUL

Ottoman Style Black and Turquoise Necklace


$60.00





Vildan aka bayanhippo from Bursa, Turkey: "I am a bag designer from Bursa. The city is the first capital of the Ottoman Empire. There are many important Ottoman building remains in the city. In the photo above you can see the Koza Han (1490), which was originally built for trading silk cocoons. I usually can’t resist visiting the ts narrow streets of the covered bazaar area when I am in this neighborhood."


FEATURED ITEMS FROM BAYANHIPPO
Daisy on the Sky --pleated bag with double straps--

$36.00





Ferda Tumer aka filofashion at the entrance of Dolmabahce Palace Istanbul, Turkey: "I love walking along the streets of Istanbul and feeling the combination of both Eastern and Western cultures for inspiration. It’s just what an artisan needs. My life has changed since I’ve met Etsy. It is wonderful to have friends from all over the world with common interests."


FEATURED ITEMS FROM FILOFASHION

Green Shawl Surprise of the Spring

$65.00





Nihan aka Designbynihan from the Bosforous side of Istanbul, Turkey: "How many cities in the world have a sea that passes through it? I sometimes take boat trips at sunset... Istanbul just surrounds you with silhouettes of history. I love to share my simit (savory roll covered with sesame seed) with the seagulls that accompany me on my boat rides. The city is sometimes chaotic, but always colorful and surprising. I love to smell, touch, and listen to Istanbul, and I always find something inspirational."

FEATURED ITEMS FROM DESIGNBYNIHAN
ViCTORiA COAT

$240.00



Sabahnur from Istanbul, Turkey: "Spring time weather in Istanbul can be very surprising. Although the sun was shining, the wind was very strong the day this photo was taken. After a little walk, my hands turned into ice cubes. I even had to wear my hood to get warm. The picture was taken by the sea side of Uskudar, one of the most mystical sights of Istanbul. In the background are the maiden tower, the silhouette of Sultan Ahmet, and Ayasophia, which are historical and beautiful places to visit."


FEATURED ITEMS FROM SABAHNUR
Amigurumi robot -bi bop - ooak

$22.00


Heli aka helisengezer from Cappadocia, Turkey: "We made a trip here last autumn and it had a huge influence on me. It is the most amazing and miraculous place I’ve ever been, with its fairy chimneys and underground cities. I moved to Istanbul a little over three years ago and have greatly enjoyed my silent and peaceful handmade life in this hectic and sometimes chaotic metropolis. That is the thing I love most about living here; I can be in peace and on my own as much as I want while crafting and creating, but when I feel I need some company, all I have to do is open the door and there is an endless flow of people and a world full of life and color."

FEATURED ITEMS FROM HELISENGEZER
Ruffle in Red-Small linen bag with an adjustable strap NEW -FREE SHIPPING-
$ 76.00


Meltem Semizoglu aka meltemsem in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey: "The Grand Bazaar, which is the largest covered market in the world, was constructed in the 15th century. It is famous for its jewelry, ceramics, spices and carpets. It was my favorite place when I was a student at Law Faculty of Istanbul University. I feel really lucky that I can find the most qualified and cheapest material in a magical and fascinating atmosphere so close to me."



FEATURED ITEMS FROM MELTEMSEM
The rose collection - EARRINGS

$25.00




Comments

  1. You did a wonderful publicity campaign on Turkey and Turkish Etsy sellers, Pinar! I'm taking my hat off to you once more! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pınar Iam very exicted when I read this article in Etsy. This is a great campaign for all who belong to ISOT LADIES. Thanks a lot...EGDONE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkey has many different culture and beauties. So all turkish ladies highly gifted about craft works. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing article Thank you so much Pınar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:14 AM

    We are proud of you:) it is grate to tell about Turkish culture and our designs,ISOT LADIES team
    thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is really great experience for me and i feel very lucky to have you and beautiful friends here,in etsy..
    thanks a gain dear,for this leadership and performans..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was -still is- great article! Congrats and thank you so much for inviting me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very very much for this great works and your efforts! And also for this great blogpost!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts