"Arts & Crafts: The Family Siluet Portraits"



This was a project I was planning to do for a long time and at last I finished it. I must say that I am very happy with the results. Everyone tried to guess who is who and was surprised to see the resablances of the nose:) My family siluet portraits will be a timeless treasury for the next generations in my family...





Here is how you do it. first os all. You take portrait pictures of you loved ones with a white background. Than you subtract the white background from the picture with a photo editing program so that you have a siluet. Than comes the fun part, you can now play with the backgrounds and create scrapbook portraits....

Look at how I played with my sisters siluet. I turned her in to a 19th century lady, to a tomb boy than to a queen... This is so much fun....




This is my eldst son.



My sister as a queen:)









My father...








After you are satisfied with your work, you are ready to do some printing... I bought a lovely multi picture frame for my little project and did some romantic victorian style scrapbooking for my siluets...





Comments

  1. Nice post! Thank you so much! Now I have to learn how to subtract the white background and to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, You need to know a little digital photo editing to do this project yet I think you can also do it the clasical way by using a print out and sissors too. Just Print the protrait of your loved one than carefully cut the back ground. When you turn the picture you can use the back of the picture which will be in white as your siluet. You can that scan it or just paint it and do some scrapbooking with it. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just get into how to make silhouettes last night . You did a great job Pinar . I was trying to make a wedding gift to my friend and hopefully be successful in doing it. These are awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how absolutely cool! what a fun idea .. thanks for sharing toosis!!

    the ones you have made have turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sema. I have made a weeding gift ot a friend like this as well. I used aportrait of her that was token at her wedding, made her siluette and framed it, she loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts