Tips For Photographing Jewelry On A Model

I am fortunate to have a profeshional photographer friend that I can ask for help now and than. Pemra Yuce is a well known local photographer especially with her artistic family portraits and newborn pictures. I was asking her to shoot my jewelry on a model for a time and when she said that her studio was available and asked me to come that friday. I was so excited.
I had a friend that I asked to model me with my jewelery who had a pretty face but she was on a vacation so at this short notice the models had to be me and my sister. I grouped all my jewelry in color and style than we had to match the jewelry with some clothing so we went through our wardropes for dresses which where either strapless or had a deep cleavage image for long necklaces.One day before the shoots. We went to a beauty saloon to get waxed and get our nails done. No red tones where allowed:) We didn't want to draw any atantion to the nails while shooting our hands for my ring collection so we choose the friench manicure style where the tips of the nails are painted in white and the rest in skin tones.Early in the morning that day we went to the hair saloon which my sister goes for special occations. Our hair dresser was a true artist and experienced in photo shoots for magazines. He understood what we wanted perfectly. We wanted something staged yet our neck and ears should be seen to reflect more of my jewelry. Our makeup was also done there. She did deep toning to make our skin look better including our neckes but used earthly tones in the eyes that would go with every colored dresses and jewelry. Our appointment was at 1 o'clock at her studio and we where there on time. We quickly change to our costume and she started shooting placeing our hands and arms to show the jewelry in closeups. She warnned us not to smile and look directly at the camera cause the attantion would be drawn to the smile or to the eyes than to the jewelry. So we did what we were told... Here are the results... to see more you can visit my flicker page http://www.flickr.com/toosis

Comments

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Your jewels look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely sooo gorgeous! Pınarcım sizler modellere taş çıkartmışsınız valla siz de takılar da süpersiniz:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing story..Valla iki kardes super supersiniz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. kızımmm yıkılıyosunuzzzz!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies you are all so kind. Thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinarcim gozlerimi alamadim , kesinlikle sizin guzelliginizin yaninda takilar bile sonuk kalmis...
    Basarilarinin devamini dilerim
    Sevgiler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous...thanks for sharing. It took a lot of preparation, but the results are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts