My Purple Unique Scarf From Ingermaaike





How did she know that my favorite colour was purple? I guess it was a wild guess yet made me so happy. The Scraf is so well made, soft and unique. I am almost sad that winter is over. I would have worn it every day. Thankyou dear Inger for this surprise. you've made my day...

Meet ingermaaike; Her pieces are unique. Here is how she prepares these beauties, You start out with animal fiber, most often sheep wool. This is laid out by pulling whisps of fiber from the roving. They are laid overlapping and then wetted down with a soapy solution. Once the whole is wet the agitation begins, this causes the fibers to interlock. Interlocked fibers will never come apart again.The end result is a very strong, durable material. Thick and stiff for slippers and mittens, flowing and soft for scarves and toys. Different animal fibres give for different structured endresult. For online felting classes go to http://www.feltingforum.comCustom made dragon skin

Comments

  1. Love Ingers Work,
    lucky you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh!!! I'm still wearing Inger's scarf...it's cold here in Germany! I love my scarf! Your's is beautiful too, and I understand how much you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:30 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts