My Field Trip to Find Precious Stones




Last weekend I went to a field trip with a gemology group that explores natural precious Stones in Nature. Our destination was to Eskisehir / Turkey. We visited 4 different areas and looked for white, pink, purple and yellow opal, light blue chalcedony, agate and druzy quartz. It is very interesting to see the Stones I use in my jewelry in their own habitat all waiting to be digged out and turned in to jewelry. This is how a druzy quartz looks like from out side. Just like potatoes :)


 

And here it is when you smash it with a hammer. Amazing isn’t it there were some drops of water in some of these rocks. I wonder if it would be safe to drink it which is probably million years old…



 these are some of the white, pink, purple and yellow opal that I have found
My Husband was kind enough to join me in this trip but to my surprise he enjoyed it so much digging the dirt to find treasuries. We were lucky to find nice stones from each category.



Comments

  1. wow, such an interesting experience! I wish I can go for such digging too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I'd love to go on such expeditions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!love the raw stones! the pictures're so amazing! Great adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts