Chalcedony Stone Hunting Mine Trip in Kutahya Turkey


We have been in an adventurous mine trip for chalcedony stone hunting with my family this weekend. We were told that this shade of rich blue chalcedony is only found in this region of Turkey in the world. We were fortunate to purchase some great stones which I will later use in my jewelry. 

It was so interesting to see these stones being mined out. They were classified in to big piles according to their color and bigness. They let us choose the stones we wanted from those piles so we were very fortunate:) 

Below is an example of how I use these chalcedony stones in my designs. I mostly prefer to use the free form cut druzy surfaced pieces.... 
 Chalcedony earrings

Free form Chalcedony, Sapphire Ring and Earrings

Comments

Popular Posts